10 Things About Drinking And Driving That Every Driver Should Know
This mini-guide will also help you understand DUI Laws and Penalties.
1. It is illegal to Drive Under The Influence in all 50 US states, Washington DC, and many other countries.
2. Various substances may cause impaired driving, including alcohol, drugs, and medications.
3. Driving while impaired by alcohol may also increase your risk of accidents by up to 43%.
4. Drunk driving is a severe problem, and the statistics indicate that drunk driving accidents are responsible for roughly 10,000 deaths yearly.
5. A report by NHTSA says one alcohol-related death occurs every 52 minutes in the United States!
6. If you get arrested for driving under the influence, getting help from an attorney to assist you through the legal process is essential.
7. If you are convicted of driving under the influence, your driver's license will be suspended and you can't drive for at least a year after your sentence.
Finally, we highly recommend that if you have been drinking and are thinking about driving, please take the time to make alternative arrangements.